Honda Gx360 Manual
The Honda Engines GX360 Engine Shop Manual covers service and repair procedures for the GX360 general purpose engines. The shop manuals have been limited to the items which are most relevant for standard service jobs. The complete version is available through the spare parts link.
• Click SAVE to save this manual to your computer. Thank you for choosing Honda. • This owner’s manual is considered a permanent part of the engine and should remain with the engine if resold.
The information and specifications included in this publication were in effect at the time of approval for printing. Honda Motor Co., Ltd. Reserves the right, however, to discontinue or change specifications or design a t any time without notice and without incurring any obligation whatever.
• When your engine needs scheduled maintenance, keep in mind that your Honda servicing dealer is specially trained in servicing Honda engines. Your Honda servicing dealer is dedicated to your satisfaction and will be pleased to answer your questions and concerns. Best Wishes, Honda Motor Co., Ltd. • INTRODUCTION FEW WORDS ABOUT SAFETY Your safety and the safety of others are very important. And using this engine safely is an important responsibility. To help you make informed decisions about safety, w e have provided operating procedures and other information on labels and in this manual. •..ENGINE SAFETY.IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION..SAFETY LABEL LOCATIONS..
& CONTROLS FEATURES.COMPONENT & CONTROL LOCATIONS... CONTROLS..Engine Switch..Control Lever... Engine Protection System.Circuit Breaker (3A charge coil type).. • CONTENTS SERVICING YOUR HONDA ENGINE (continued)..
SPARK PLUG SERVICE..IDLE SPEED ADJUSTMENT.SPARK ARRESTER SERVICE (optional equipment)..& HELPFUL TIPS SUGGESTIONS..STORING YOUR ENGINE.. Storage Preparation.. Storage Precautions..Removal From Storage.. • IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION Most accidents with engines can be prevented if you follow all instructions in this manual and on the engine. Some of the most common hazards are discussed below, along with the best way to protect yourself and others. Rolm Phonemail Admin Manual. Owner Responsibilities Honda engines are designed to give safe and dependable service if operated according to instructions. • ENGINE SAFETY Carbon Monoxide Hazard Exhaust gas contains poisonous carbon monoxide.
Avoid inhalation exhaust gas. Never run the engine in a closed garage or confined area. Other Equipment Review the instructions provided with the equipment powered by this engine for any additional safety precautions that should be observed in conjunction with engine startup, shutdown, or operation, or protective apparel that may be needed to operate the equipment. • ENGINE SAFETY SAFETY LABEL LOCATIONS The labels shown here contain important safety information. Please read them carefully. These labels are considered permanent parts of your engine. If a label comes off or becomes hard to read, contact an authorized Honda servicing dealer for a replacement.
CAUTION *APPLY A THIN FILM OIL TO. • CONTROLS & FEATURES & COMPONENT CONTROL LOCATIONS RADIATOR RESERVE TANK VENT TUBE FILLER CAP OIL DRAINPLUG CARBURETOR DRAIN TUBE RADIATOR CAP RADIATOR DRAIN PLUG. • CONTROLS & FEATURES CONTROLS Engine Switch The engine switch enables and disables the ignition system. The engine switch must be in the position for the engine to run.
OFF position stops the engine. Turning the engine switch to the Turning the engine switch to the START position operates the electric starter to crank the engine.
• CONTROLS & FEATURES Control Lever The control lever operates the throttle and choke. SLOW For running the engine at low or idle speed. FAST For restarting a warm engine, and for running the engine a t maximum speed. START Enriches the fuel mixture for starting cold engine. • CONTROLS & FEATURES FEATURES Engine Protection System The engine protection system automatically stops the engine to prevent damage from lack of lubrication or overheating. If there is a loss of oil pressure, which may indicate low oil level, or if the coolant becomes too hot, the engine will stop, and the alert light will come on (the engine switch will remain in the ON position).
• CONTROLS & FEATURES Circuit Breaker (3A charge coil type) The circuit breaker protects the battery charging circuit. A short circuit, will or a battery connected with reverse polarity, trip the circuit breaker. The green indicator inside the circuit breaker will pop out to show that the circuit breaker has switched off. 1986 Mercury 6hp Repair Manual.
• IS YOUR ENGINE READY TO GO? For your safety, and to maximize the service life of your equipment, it is very important to take a few moments before you operate the engine to check its condition. Be sure to take care of any problem you find, or have your servicing dealer correct it, before you operate the engine. • BEFORE OPERATION Check the Engine (see page 25). The engine protection Check the engine oil level system will automatically stop the engine before the oil level falls below safe limits. However, to avoid the inconvenience of an unexpected shutdown, always check the engine oil level before startup.
• SAFE OPERATING PRECAUTIONS Before operating the engine for the first time, please review IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION on page and the chapter titled BEFORE OPERA TION. Carbon monoxide gas is toxic. Breathing it can cause unconsciousness and even kill you. Avoid any areas actions that expose you to carbon monoxide. • OPERATION STARTING THE ENGINE 1. If the fuel tank is equipped with a valve, be sure the fuel valve is in OPEN position before attempting to start the engine. To start a cold engine, move the control lever to the START (CHOKE) position.
- by admin